I1 – Waste generation
Waste generation (generated in own production and received from other organisations) by economic activity; Generation of solid municipal waste;
Moreover, the indicators are presented per unit of GDP and per capita.
Industrial waste generation in the Republic of Belarus
Industrial waste includes waste generated in the process of economic activity (manufacture of goods, electricity generation, performing of work, provision of services); by- and associated products of extraction and processing of minerals;
Industrial waste does not include:
- radioactive waste;
- products of animal origin (livestock maintenance and slaughter);
- scrap and waste of ferrous metals (except waste containing or contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls);
- scrap and waste of non-ferrous metals (except spent lead-acid batteries, as well as waste containing or contaminated with polychlorinated biphenyls);
- consumption waste;
Industrial waste is classified:
-by hazard category in accordance with the Classification of waste generated in the Republic of Belarus;
by economic activity:
- for 2010-2015: the National classification of the Republic of Belarus 005-2006 “Types of Economic Activity” (compliant with NACE Rev.1.1) was used;
- starting from 2016: the National classification of the Republic of Belarus 005-2011 “Types of Economic Activity” (compliant with NACE Rev.2.0) is used;
Municipal waste comprises consumption waste and industrial waste included in the List of waste referred to municipal waste the disposal of which is organized by local executive and administrative bodies; the List is approved by the Ministry of Housing and Utilities of the Republic of Belarus;
According to the List of municipal waste, such waste includes waste from human vital activities, street and yard sweepings; waste from research, education, sporting, cultural and religious activities; waste from trade, social service and transport activities; waste from administrative managerial and economic activities; waste of health care facilities;
Data on generation of solid municipal waste are estimated as sum of data solid municipal waste recovered and landfilled.
Industrial waste: state statistical report 1-waste (Ministry of Environment) “Report on industrial waste management”; the data producer is the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus;
Municipal waste: administrative data; the data producer is the Ministry of Housing and Utilities of the Republic of Belarus.
Relevance of the indicator:
The indicator allows for measuring the anthropogenic impact on the environment; the analyses of trends in waste generated per unit of GDP allows for measuring material-intensive production patterns.
© National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus. When using information reference to the National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus is mandatory.